I know you’ve seen the podcast episodes, blog posts, and ads for online tools that all promise a quick and easy way to plan out your content for weeks, months, even years at a time. I’m guessing that’s why you clicked on this episode and decided you’d give it a try.
Well, the title might be a little clickbaity. Because it’s not going to teach you how to plan out your content for the coming year. Why? Because frankly, that’s not possible.
There are so many reasons why I don’t want you to plan out your 2021 content, not the least of which being…Well, were you in business in 2020?
There was more pivoting and changing directions going on this year than I could even touch on. It would be a waste of your time and money to plan more than a few months ahead. That said, I DO think there’s a lot you can do to get ready for the next month, quarter, and year. And THAT’s what this episode is all about.
Mentioned in This Episode
- At-a-Glance Calendar
- Content Mastery Lab
- They Ask, You Answer by Marcus Sheridan
- Episode 8: How to Create a 90-Day Content Plan
- Episode 57: Your Content is About Your Audience, Not You
- Episode 63: Staying Inside Your Zones of Genius
- Episode 73: Repurposing Content for Maximum ROI with Amy Woods
- Episode 75: Don’t Overthink Content and Just Do Something
- Episode 76: How to Plan Strategically for Uncertainty with Kim Dawson